About Oxford House > Oxford House Redevelopment
Oxford House Redevelopment
Oxford House was placed on the Buildings at Risk Register by Historic England due to the damage being caused by rain water coming through a very old roof. We need your help to save the building and ensure it continues to be a valuable resource for the communities of Bethnal Green and East London.
To do this we have started a major new project, ‘From Victorian Gap Year to Community Hub’. To date we have raised £2.5m towards the cost of this work. We have support from Heritage Lottery Fund, Tower Hamlets Council, Power to Change and Wakefield and Tetley/Tower Hill Trusts.
We raised over £30,000 from a crowd funding campaign with over 170 supporters kindly donating to save the chapel.
We still need to raise around £293,000 and are applying to charitable trusts and foundations.
You can still donate via The Big Give. Follow the link via the big red Donate Now button.
The project will
• repair and replace the roof
• create a new entrance from the Pocket Park
• create a new and larger café + outdoor seating!
• replace old boilers with new energy efficient ones
• provide a new lift and access to the 3rd floor
• create a new roof walk with incredible 360 degree views across London
• create a 2 year programme of heritage activities
• provide 100 volunteering opportunities
To find out more or how you can help browse through the folders below. And remember, you can donate using the BIG red button!