About Oxford House > Help SAVE Oxford House
Help SAVE Oxford House
Oxford House was placed on the Buildings at Risk Register by Historic England due to the damage being caused by rain water coming through a very old roof.
We need your help to save the building and ensure it continues to be a valuable resource for the communities of Bethnal Green and East London.
To do this we have started a major new project, ‘From Victorian Gap Year to Community Hub’, to help save the building, restore the chapel and open up new spaces. We have secured invaluable support from Heritage Lottery Fund and Tower Hamlets to do this.
The project will
• repair and replace the roof
• create a new entrance from the Pocket Park
• create a new and larger café + outdoor seating!
• replace old boilers with new energy efficient ones
• provide a new lift and access to the 3rd floor
• create a new roof walk with incredible 360 degree views across London
• create a 2 year programme of heritage activities
• provide 100 volunteering opportunities
To find out more or how you can help browse through the folders below. You can donate using the BIG red button!