What's On > El Salón de los Rechazados Españoles - Salon of the Spanish Rejected
El Salόn de los Rechazados Españoles -Spanish art exhibition and workshops- is an artistic journey among social issues in Spain and The UK. Spanish artists, immigrated in Great Britain because of the current economic crisis, will confront themselves with British artists with connection with the Iberian Peninsula about this theme. During these six days, the artists will analyze different set of problems through a variety of artistic disciplines.
Simultaneously, there will be organised workshops which encourage the public to reflect about immigration, censorship and other social issues by the mean of different artistic techniques and expressions .
On Wednesday there will be a free opening event from 7pm to 9pm, join in everybody!!
Come and meet the artists: María Gilino, Daniel Sánchez, Cristina Cuevas, Donacio Cejas, Adrián Cuesta, José Gómez, Alejandro Cid, Anahí Rodríguez, Emilio Soberino and Esther Ruíz de Pablos, Verónica Restrepo, Viveka Goyanes, Miguel Souto, Claudia and Luis Arnal.
(Booking in advance is usually requested)
• Wednesday 7th of May. 7pm to 9pm. Opening: introductory speeches, drinks and music with Guillermo Díaz, music and poetry recital from Rosario Villajos, as well as a drama performance from Lola Baro.- Free
• Thursday 8th of May. 7pm to 9pm. Women Out of Focus: an opportunity to reflect on the new abortion law in Spain From 7pm to 9pm -Tickets £5
• Friday 9th of May. 3 pm to 6pm. Women, Ceramics and Migration: personal artists’ stories told by the mean of ceramics - Free
• Friday 9th of May. 7pm to 9pm. Censura Grupal Workshop: participants will create a collective work of art, justifying ideas and making decisions together -Tickets £5
• Saturday 10th of May. 10am to 12pm. Spanish Art Puppets Workshop: children and family event - Free event (no booking requested)
• Saturday 10th of May. 12pm to 2pm. Photography for Social Change: Participants will have the chance to create their own portraits -Tickets £5
• Saturday 11th of May. 10am to 12pm. Art Circus: children and family event - Free event (no booking requested)
• Monday 12th of May. 7pm to 9pm. Habla de Arte Workshop: Based on the exhibition, learners of Spanish will be supported in the creation of dynamic discussions around social issues in Spain and the UK From- Tickets £5
Lon-art.org is a non-profit organisation that promotes art, education and languages through education workshops and community events, to contribute towards positive changes in society. Its main objective is to achieve positive changes in society through critical thinking and raising social awareness. Interested in supporting their current project?< back to What's On
El Salón de los Rechazados Españoles - Salon of the Spanish Rejected
Add to Calendar Add to Google
Derbyshire Street, London E2 6HQ, UK