Blog > Oxford House is looking for a Treasurer
Oxford House is looking for a Treasurer
Do you want to join a team of committed and passionate trustees to help sustain and grow Oxford House, our amazing charity?
We are just about to undertake an exciting programme of investment in our Grade II listed building with our heritage project, ‘From Victorian Gap Year to Community Hub.’ Having secured a development grant of £102,800 from Heritage Lottery Fund we are finalising our Round 2 application for a project circa £2m starting spring 2017. This will include much-needed capital works to the roof and windows, revitalise a wonderful hidden former chapel and create a new cafe space opening directly onto the Derbyshire Street Pocket Park. We will also run a 2-year programme of heritage activities and events.
We are now looking to recruit a trustee with responsibility as Treasurer who is able to:
• Share our passion for providing opportunities in arts, heritage and volunteering
• Work closely with CEO and trustees to provide strategic leadership of the charity
• Maintain an overview of our organisation’s affairs, ensuring its financial viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained
• Keep the board aware of its financial responsibilities
• Advise on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plan
An anticipated time commitment would be up to 3 hours approximately a month working mostly with the CEO and trustees.
We’re keen to meet with interested candidates in February with an appointment by April 2016.
If you’re keen to find out more and think you match our needs, could you please email your CV to our CEO, initially: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!