Blog > Heritage Volunteers Call Out
Heritage Volunteers Call Out
Do you have time this Summer? Are you interested in the history of the East End and the Victorian era?
We are looking for enthusiastic people interested in research, writing, interviewing and of course, heritage! Whether you are looking for work experience, or just passionate about history, we want to hear from you!
What can you be involved in?
– Revealing/sharing stories of Bethnal Green and Oxford House founders, residents and local people’s experiences
– Helping create a permanent heritage programme
– Researching about the history of Oxford House
– Creating articles for our heritage blog
– Interviewing people and creating articles based on it
– Writing summaries of articles and other materials
– Illustrating how communities in Bethnal Green have influenced Oxford House’s history; especially the role of new communities
– Revealing the heritage of Weavers Fields; from pre-clearance to Green Flag Park
I spent many mornings reading documents dating as far back as 1886 and exploring the Oxford House Chapel. I spent afternoons writing blog articles, trying to find the best way to tell Oxford House’s century-long history. I also had the chance to interview various people in Bethnal Green who either worked or grew up in this thriving community centre. Sarah, former Heritage Intern
Could you do it? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org