May 6, 2022
We're looking for a brilliant Project Archivist and dynamic Heritage Participation Trainee for a new project exploring Oxford House's history.
We’re Hiring: Project Archivist and Heritage Participation Trainee
Oxford House will be starting a new National Heritage Lottery funded project exploring our rich and diverse history.
‘Through the Lens: Women Pioneers, Youth Social Action and Celebrating our Somali Community’ is a new National Heritage Lottery Funded two-year project. It will explore Oxford House’s diverse post-war history through the experiences of three local communities: women, young people, and the Somali community. Our archives will be a catalyst for open research, skills development, and unexpected artistic collaborations. We will:
- Make OH’s onsite archive publicly accessible. New research, archive open days, memory collection, heritage exhibition and a new festival; led by heritage professionals, trainees, and volunteers with public participation at its core.
- Reveal hidden stories of women at OH. Our early 1940’s women ‘settlers’ will inspire an exciting intergenerational takeover project, led by local girls, linking stories past and present.
- Reveal the untold stories of OH’s ground-breaking youth work. It will explore 1970s anti-fascism, youth subcultures, and working-class activism connecting local schools with contemporary discussions through films, local walking tours, takeover events, and artistic commissions.
- Platform Somali artists and makers through an innovative pop-up ‘Somali Arts Café linking our heritage past and present in partnership with this community.
- Transforming our gallery space into an improved flexible education and creative space for these projects and beyond.
As part of this project we are recruiting two new roles:
OH Project Archivist Job Description, (part time 2 days a week), 24 months
How to Apply:
Email you CV, Cover Letter (no longer than 2 pages) and Diversity Monitoring Form to: email@example.com by Monday 30 May 2022 (12noon).
Interviews will be held wc 6 June 2022