September 29, 2023
We're recruiting an Operations Manager to our lead our operations and venue hire.
We’re Recruiting: Operations Manager
Fabulous opportunity to combine your operational and commercial expertise with social purpose. You will have a strong track record of success leading the operations function in a cultural venue or equivalent and managing venue hire.
Job title: Operations Manager
Reporting line: Chief Executive
Working Hours: 35 hours p/week (some wkend/evening work)
Responsible for: Front of house staff, cleaners, + contractors
To manage the successful and effective operation of Oxford House, including the maintenance, safety and security of a Grade II listed building, venue hire, health & safety, and buildings/physical infrastructure.
It is a hands-on role, where you will be responsible for ensuring a consistent and high-quality operational delivery through the management of the front of house, cleaning, and contracting staff, and its building.
You will also be responsible for generating income through the hiring out of our theatre and other venue spaces, working alongside our Arts & Heritage Producer and Café Manager and front of house team. You will also be a member of the management team that will help shape and delivery the organisation’s strategy.
Operations and facilities management
Responsible for managing/monitoring staff team and service providers to ensure building is maintained, safe, clean, secure, and compliant, ensuring contractors work in a safe/appropriate way, managing operations budget & ensuring facilities services are well managed/monitored (cleaning, mechanical/electrical systems and lifts, statutory testing & building security.
Responsible for venue hire and maximising revenue from hire spaces (studio theatre, meeting rooms, dance studio, chapel, and roof terrace) & working with management team to maximise revenue & diversify income.
Front of House
Managing Front of House (FOH) team to ensure a professional, inclusive & welcoming impression and deliver excellent customer service.
Capital works and strategic maintenance
Contributing towards planning for and implementation of capital projects/improvements to Oxford House, subject to fundraising
Knowledge and experience
- Min 3 years’ experience facilities/operational management (ideally cultural/listed building/managed workspace) E
- Planning maintenance operations: good understanding heating/ventilation + other plant E
- Experience of commercial partnerships; especially venue hire E
- Experience managing multiple maintenance contracts E
- Thorough knowledge of health & safety legislation E
- Experience of procurement of goods and services E
- First aid & Fire marshal trained D
- Experience delivering small capital projects D
- Experience of using CRM databases D
Skills and abilities
- Customer focused approach with business needs E
- Ability to effectively delegate E
- Ability to manage budgets + utilise resources effectively E
- Good team player: influence others, lead and be led E
- Solutions-oriented approach to problems E
- Strong verbal and written communication E
- High degree of computer literacy E
- APLH / Personal Licence D
- Safety management qualification D
Applications must be submitted to the email address below by 12 noon on 25 October 2023.
To apply – email the following documents to email@example.com
- Your CV
- Max 2 page summary of how you meet the person specification and why you want to work for us
- Our diversity monitoring form
- Contact details for 2 current referees (incl your present or most recent employer).
If shortlisted, applicants will be invited to interview to be held on 1 November 2023.
For more information download the Job Pack (see link above)